While better hygiene and avoiding large crowds and social events help, the best thing you can do to protect against this and any other pathogen is to fortify your first line of defense - your body’s natural immune system.
Colon hydrotherapy is one of the best ways to strengthen your immune system. Removing toxic buildup from the colon frees more white blood cells to fight off other toxins, bacteria, fungi, and viruses. If you haven’t had a session in a while, now is a great time to start again. In addition to colon hydrotherapy, below are a few steps you can take to strengthen your immune system.
10 Steps You Can Take.
- Drink ample water. Aim for at least half your body weight in ounces each day. Staying hydrated is even more important now so aim for a little extra. Remember to sip, not guzzle, throughout the day.
- Drink herbal teas. Enjoy warm cups of fresh ginger, organic mint, echinacea or chamomile tea daily to enhance immune function.
- Make soups and broths. From scratch with fresh organic vegetables is always best, and have them throughout the week.
- Avoid concentrated fruit juices. The added sugar content is harmful for the immune system. If you do drink juice, dilute it with 2/3 water!
- Avoid simple sugars. As much as possible omit sodas, sweet treats and desserts with white flour and refined grains that turn into sugar quickly i.e. bread, pastries, cookies, cakes, etc. Refined sugars suppress your immune system for hours after ingested.
- Have protein with each meal. Proteins are the building blocks of the body. This includes your immune and detoxification systems. Organic, clean, lean animal protein as well as plant-based proteins like seeds, nuts and legumes are important to get with each meal or snack.
- Use fresh garlic, onion, and ginger. Cook these and other spices like oregano, and turmeric into soups, sauces, vegetable dishes, as well as bean dips and sauces. Garlic and onions offer wide spectrum antimicrobial properties.
- Eat multiple servings of colorful fruits and vegetables. Choose produce high in vitamins C, A, and phytonutrients which support the immune system, i.e. leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower), peppers, sweet potatoes, and squash. Aim for 3 - 4 servings of fruits; 4 or more vegetable servings daily!
- Get sufficient sleep! We all know sleep restores and heals the body. Without enough sleep, optimal immune function is next to impossible! Get in a better rhythm and head to bed earlier at night. Aim for 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Relaxation and breathing exercises help mitigate stress, allowing the mind to rest and you to fall asleep easier.
- Get regular exercise. Mild to moderate exercise (for approximately 30-45 minutes) helps boost the immune system. Avoid overexertion such as training for endurance events when you are feeling run down. This lowers your immune defenses.
Colon hydrotherapy helps increase energy and stamina which makes regular exercise a little easier to maintain. It also helps remove residue from sweets, breads and pastries, making it easier to resist them going forward. To schedule your next appointment, email or call us at 310.929.0258.
Sources: DrHyman.com, MedicalNewsToday.com