However, there are several lesser known benefits of vitamin E that are even more vital to overall health and wellbeing. It provides a number of internal health benefits, and listed below are a few of them.
Benefits of Vitamin E
- Lowers blood pressure
- Helpful in treating lupus
- Slows the effects of aging
- Improves the speed of healing wounds
- Slows progression of Parkinson’s disease
- Reduces scarring from wounds and injuries
- Reduces sensitivity to the sun in photodermatitis
- Inhibits the growth of prostate and breast cancer cells
- May reduce the risk of death from stroke in post menopausal women
- May reduce the risk of stroke for people in treatment for atherosclerosis
- Prevents the clogging of arteries that contributes to heart disease
- Protects against cataracts and age related macular degeneration
- Avoiding miscarriage in cases where vitamin E deficiency is a promoting factor
- May prevent osteoarthritis, and is useful for pain relief and treatment of inflamed joints
- Helps prevent long term consequences of menopause, and is the best option to reduce hot flashes from menopausal
- Helps control blood sugar and cholesterol levels in people with type 2 diabetes; may help prevent eye and nerve damage associated with diabetes
- Improves cognitive performance in Alzheimer’s patients, and in conjunction with Vitamin C, may prevent the development of Alzheimer’s disease
How to Get Vitamin E
The most natural way to get vitamin E is through vegetables such as broccoli, red bell pepper, mustard and collard greens, spinach, kale, and swiss chard, as well as tropical fruits like papaya, kiwi, oranges, strawberries, and watermelon. Other natural foods containing vitamin E include nuts like almonds and hazelnuts, eggs, avocado, and olive oil.
Vitamin E supplements can provide added benefits to a diet rich in the fruits and vegetables mentions above. Food grade vitamin E is best and remember that it is a natural blood thinner. If you have been prescribed pharmaceuticals, it is important to confirm the appropriate supplement dosage with your physician.
How to Get Healthier
Our Simply Amazing Cleanse provides you with everything you need to safely and healthfully rid your body of toxins, reset your metabolism, lose inches, and drop stubborn pounds. It includes colon hydrotherapy sessions, spa visits, specially formulated elixirs and more. Click here or call for more information.